FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
(let us know if you have a question not answered here):
+ What is a CSA share?
- You pay a CSA membership fee, upfront for the season or in two installments
- We harvest the vegetables and get them ready for pickup
- You pick up your veggies once a week
This year, we are doing something different for our London members: Members will receive a flat amount of credit rather than a standard pre-picked box. Exclusively for members: a portion of high-value items will be reserved until 11 am. Use any amount of credit each week throughout the season. This allows you to skip weeks that you are away, or take more when you need it.
+ How big are the shares?
Facebook page to get a general sense of the size of a share.
+ That seems like too much. Can I get a half-share instead?
+ How long is the season?
Begins: April 8, 2017
Lasts: 9 weeks
FULL SHARES picked up each week AT THE FARM ONLY
Pickups are Saturdays from 9-noon
More details to follow
Currently the fall season is not available for sign-up on its own.
+ When can I pick up my CSA shares?
- ST. THOMAS: Every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 pm at the farm. You will have a set amount of a selection of vegetables in your box. For some choices you may be able to take more or trade for items you don’t want.
- ST. THOMAS: Every Tuesday afternoon between 4 pm and 8 pm at the farm. You will have a set amount of a selection of vegetables in your box. For some choices you may be able to take more or trade for items you don’t want.
- LONDON: Every Saturday there will be pickup available at the Western Fair Market during operating hours.
+ Will the vegetables be organic?
+ How do I pay for the box?
+ What else does joining the CSA get me?
- CSA community: Members will have a chance to connect with the farmers and other members and form a community. We will have socializing events like pot-lucks and such throughout the season to help get to know each other and give members a chance to see the farm close up.
- Extra products for sale on the farm: eggs from free-range, organically fed chickens, maple syrup from our farm and seasonal products like specialty pumpkins
- Extras available from time to time: pick your own raspberries, strawberries as well as opportunities for larger shares of labour intensive crops (e.g. green beans)
+ What are your current London locations?
+ What vegetables will you grow for the shares?
Major Veggies (almost every week when ready): carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach (and other greens), peppers, zucchini, broccoli, beans, potatoes
Minor Veggies & Herbs (every couple weeks when ready): peas, onions, garlic, beets, radishes, herbs (dill, basil, parsley, cilantro), cabbage, kohlrabi, squash, cauliflower, kale, brussel sprouts, sweet potato
Occasionals (once or twice during the season or free choice on pickup day): Chinese cabbage, eggplant, fennel, pumpkin, swiss chard, celeriac, melon, watermelon, tomatillo, ground cherry, strawberries, raspberries, other experimental crops, the list goes on!…
+ Can you deliver to my door?
TYPICAL BOXES FROM PAST SEASONS: